Sanctuary Friends Environmental Pledge
Help save America′s only living coral reef
Please help us by signing the Sanctuary Friends Environmental Pledge. Our goal is 5,000 signatures. You can help save this nation′s only living barrier coral reef by signing the Sanctuary Friends′ Environmental Pledge today! Your name will be added to the thousands of others who also believe that OUR National Treasure should be cherished and protected.
It is not a commitment to us, you are committing to yourself that you will be active in helping preserve the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Moreover, we will do our best to provide you with information and strategy in order to be most effective in your mission.
Sanctuary Friends Foundation of the Florida Keys wants to raise awareness about the value of coral reef environments and the threats they face, as well as to encourage people to "take the pledge" to help coral reef conservation and to stop activities that can damage reefs.
• I understand the fragile nature of the unique marine environments that surround our Florida Keys. I know that if we treat our coral reefs, inshore waters, and natural resources with care, respect, conservation, and preservation they will endure for our future and the future of our children.
• I understand that our waste does not just disappear into the water; it persists and is greatly detrimental to the ecology of our environment. I will not add my waste to the waters or the lands and I will remove the waste of others as best I can.
• I will conserve our reefs, seagrass meadows, and fisheries by heeding the rules and regulations that serve to protect and preserve our natural resources. I will not degrade or destroy corals, fish, lobsters, or other organisms through ignorance or carelessness.
• Our coral reefs and inshore waters are in great need of care and restoration. I will support and aid the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and other organizations in our efforts to sustain and repair our unique marine ecosystems.
• Respect for our natural world is the foundation of conservation and preservation of our natural resources. I will make this respect the foundation of my use and enjoyment of the great natural resources of our Florida Keys .
• Others will follow my example if I communicate my knowledge and caring through my actions and by sharing the Sanctuary Friends Environmental Pledge.
View the Pledge (PDF)
Taking the pledge will also subscribe you to our monthly Sanctuary Friends News & Notes e-newsletter. We take your privacy seriously. Your email address will never be sold, rented or given away. All our emails include an easy opt-out feature.
View Comments From Our Supporters